Twitter

Monday, October 17, 2011

First day of the Couch to 5k Challenge.

I'm so excited to begin the Couch to 5K program this morning even my Coffee cup is smiling! The plan looks  fantastic! It looks feasible. Today is the day! Treadmill 20 minutes. This is what is required for the first day of the couch to 5k program. I'm planning to work out on the eliptical for 20 minutes after the walk run routine. Then we are going to go for another 20 minutes in the weight room-equipment machines, not free weights.

I know that this isn't for everyone, each of us has our own levels of fitness, and should go to the doctor before starting a program-but for me....this is going to be AWESOME!. In about an hour I will be on that treadmill, and to be honest, I am completely pumped! Have you ever looked at exercise that way? With excitement?
Music playing, working yourself at your own level, seeing improvements every time you step on to the treadmill. That's the best part, I think....the improvements that happen when you take the initiative to begin.

My fitness level today, won't be the same next week. The Couch to 5k outline it for you. It's pretty cool the way it lays it all out. The goal is a 5k at the end. (If you're competitive) Otherwise, the weight loss, increased energy, and new found confidence might be enough :) 

Remember to check with your doctor before beginning an exercise program, I did. Here is the link to the Couch to 5K Plan:  http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

"He who has begun is half done. Have the courage to be wise. Begin!" Horace Epistles

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! :) Keep us updated on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, This is Day 4. I have so much more energy. That is the motivator for me :) (Or it may be the sprouted bread with flax that I've been eating.) Either way it feels great :)

    ReplyDelete