Twitter

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Riding a Bull, Skydiving, Bungee Jumping and More

Have you ever wanted to ride a bull for 8 seconds, jump out of an airplane sky diving? How about bungee jumping? Do you think that these sound exciting or fun? I have friends who have done them all, and a couple of them a few times. I have not. I would not. I will not.  However this last week (The weekend really Fri/Sat) the $15 a day challenge had me wanting to do something "fun", maybe not as daring, but "fun"--and for me it felt just as daring.....(and silly)

A Road trip. Waste gas. Spend some money. Have fun at the expense of frugal. (What am I teen that doesn't know better? I felt like I needed someone to tell me NO! but I was the only adult in the room....have you been there?) We are talking about $80. Still. According to my self-imposed "rules" that is over 4 days worth of envelopes. Now remember that I am no financial expert, simply a wife and mother who is "trying" to balance out frugality and fun, fitness and food. I'm starting to realize that sometimes they lack in similarity. I seriously considered folding up this Blog. Why should I write about such things when I can't motivate myself to follow my own game plan.

Then it dawned on me. Just like FITNESS if you are doing exercise you are moving toward your goal. Walking is good, move the body and you are moving in the right direction. FOOD is a choice, choose clean and healthy and you will have more energy.....(it is easy to be daring and choose cakes, cheeses, and a high fat piece of bacon....it is. I don't have the answers, as food and fun are my "sky diving") Lean towards the right choices. Energy and health need to become more important than instant gratification.

Choose well. FRUGALITY is not being cheap. It can be fun. I've successfully completed this challenge before. I know it can be done.  This is a new day.

Cleaning out the freezer, fridge and pantry this week. I started already this morning taking inventory.

Deep freezer: 2 months supply of broccoli and corn (frozen from last summer's farmer's market), Hot dogs (10 packages), Large Frozen Turkey, boxed pizza, bacon, 4 pkgs of chicken, chicken tenders, venison, hamburger, sliced roast beef, bagged vegetables:artichokes, brussel sprouts, green beans....

Pantry: Flour, sugar, baking supplies, packaged pudding, lots of noodles, canned soup....popcorn, bbq sauces...really everything that I need except speghetti sauce. :)

Fridge: Yogurt, Milk, Eggs, Water, Juices, Butter, Cream, Lettuce, Spinach, Condiments, and more.

We are blessed this week. Cooking from scratch. Beginning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment