Twitter

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 196- On becoming a Fit Frugal Franny

Good morning. Welcome to the new Blog. This is Day 196 of my journey to becoming a Fit & Fun Frugal Franny. Some may think that makes me a little well "cheap", but It's my hope that you will think it makes me savvy ;) Let's start by recapping my first day of "notebook" journaling some 196 days ago. Here is the very first log entry for you. Welcome to the ongoing journey:

Day 1-

It's easier to get dressed for the mall than it is for church.  Have you ever noticed that? If this path to frugality is going to work, then giving back and spirituality (filling up) will be the things that see me through.  This would require time however, something that I haven't had the last 2.5 years...

There are no more excuses.
More Money or More Time? That is the question. Live a life on $15 a day.  Happy, Healthy and Living with Less Stress....More time and a small savings? Let's give it a whirl.

It's the 21st century, are you living the life you've always wanted? Debt FREE?
I'm beginning my writings as my children are growing older and I'm seriously facing the prospect of an empty nest for the first time.  Having been a stay at home mom, for the most part, who worked on her education while having several part-time jobs through the 90's- this now, the first 10 years of the twenty-first century, I find myself at a crossroads. 

I'm arriving at this juncture with a Masters Degree in Education and several credits of my PhD program under my belt. I'm 40 years old.  I've decided for the next one and half years to look at the age old question: "More time or More money?" Especially if you are at a place where it is impossible to have both. Kudos to those of you who do ;)

Which road Time or money is the best road to travel, and what are the outcomes of each? Can the average family have both? Hmmmm I wonder... 

I'm coming off of a semester of teaching at university, taking a full load of doctoral studies, traveling and trying to be a wife and mother. I discovered that it was impossible for me personally to do it ALL, and do it well.  So here I am, at a crossroads. Wondering about the quality of life that could be lived on $15 a day.

That was day one. We are now at day 196 of the Fit Frugal Franny journey. Still plugging away, learning much, still in prayer, my daily journal question: Save to save? or Save to spend? September will be a no spend month for me. I will revert back to the $15 a day plan for one month.



"Am I willing to give up what I have in order to be what I am not yet? Am I able to follow the spirit of love into the desert? It is a frightening and sacred moment. There is no return. One's life is charged forever..." Mary Richards~

No comments:

Post a Comment