Twitter

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Exercise in a Minute.

Exercise in a Minute.

We have all been in the situation where we intend to do something-and it never gets done. In that moment of intention we are excited and motivated! So what happens?
I signed up for a 5K race with experienced runners.  They encouraged me to set a date to compete, and then build up to the 5K, beginning with a walk/jog. I thought this sounded GREAT! Surely if I laid down my $25 entry fee, got a hotel for NYC, and bought new sneakers I would work out daily! My excitement lasted about 2 weeks. Then distractions, feigned exhaustion, and really fun activities caused me to “not have the time today.”  This really should NOT be an option. The best time to exercise for me is as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning. At that moment, first thing in the morning,   intention and the motivation need to get together, or the rest of the day is out. So how can I make this happen, EVERY day? Not just when I’m in the mood….
Here is my plan:
·         Charge mp3 player-set on the bed stand
·         Lay out shorts, sneakers and socks for the morning
·         Get coffee in the coffee pot so I only have to hit start
·         Measure distances on the road- so there is an exact route, mileage, and time
·         Have a water bottle ready in the fridge
Today, I will jog.  (Still walking some) But I will be out on the trail, moving. The plan is to go 8.8 miles. I will only be able to jog approx. 2 miles of it. It is better than making excuses! Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week, but I’ve made the commitment to begin today. J

“Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.”~ Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment