Twitter

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Laughter. Choose to do it.


"Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?"-- USA Today

Laughter. How often do you do it? Is it spontaneous, or forced. I'm a firm believer that you can't be sad, and glad, at the same time. Neither can you be mad, and happy, at the same time. Isn't it interesting that we have a choice no matter our circumstances. Choose to laugh!

Finances: We saved our first $20 in an envelope towards Hawaii 2013. A conscious choice to go. A visible commitment. A tangible 20. The amount will only get larger and larger from here.

Fitness: Exercising 6 times a week is surely going to improve the fitness level. One could get discouraged at the amount of weight loss that is actually taking place. However, to stop when you have lost 4 lbs is ridiculous. Just like the $20 saved towards a goal, 4lbs lost is something, the poundage will continue to come off 1 pound at a time if perseverance is involved. After all it is 1/5 of the amount I want to lose. That is not all bad.

Food: The Nutrisystem plan is really working for my husband. 13 lbs lost since starting the plan. It has been nice to not to have to really cook. Just heat and serve. On the other hand, I like to cook. The house smells terrific and it is a warm cozy feeling when the stove has a big pot of soup, and the bread is rising. I've decided that my son should still experience this in spite of the fact that my husband and myself will not be eating any. It will be harder to not try some...but turkey sandwiches, hot pockets and fish sticks are not what I feel that he should be eating. So we start the cooking, baking and using the brand new Kitchen Aid today. We will see just how strong the willpower is...I'll let you know.

It's mid week. Wednesday. Embrace it, and laugh 400 times.

2 comments:

  1. $20 & 4lbs gone sounds like a wonderful start to me!!

    Can I ask a few questions? What are you going to do after Nutrisystem? Won't you have to go back to cooking your own foods, etc? Do they help you to "wean" off their system? I understand the convenience part of it, just not the "afterwards" part of it....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla,
    The NS frozen food is fantastic, and the prepackaged is so convenient! We pack and go. We still have to buy all of the vegetables (brussel sprouts, spinach, green beans, squashes, onions,etc) and the fruit too. There is a web site to log in food, exercise and water intake-nutrition counselors and a weekly mindset nutrition makeover. The goal is to learn portion control, eating 5-6 times a day, maintaining water intake and increase fitness levels. Once the habits are formed I'm banking that they stick...I've saved some of the plastic dishes (my idea)to use them for continued portion control, when beginnng to cook again. I figure I will be able to cook and freeze. Especially, Soups, Chili, and Lasagne. PS We got the plan at 1/2 off-and my husband's cholestrol was super high, so we decided to try it together :)

    ReplyDelete