Twitter

Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Meal made for #Sunday Supper

SUNDAY SUPPER- CELEBRATION of Weight Loss and Kitchen Aid Mixer Inauguration


I began to use my Twitter account. I will admit to not knowing exactly how it all works yet, but I was RT during an episode of #AmericanPickers, and have been trying to figure it all out since. The HashTag #SundaySupper is one of my favorites.

Those who tweet #SundaySupper believe in bringing the meal back as a staple of family life. I would agree. An every evening family dinner would be even better, but shouldn't we take at least one day a week to come together in conversation as a family around the table?

Since the Pre-packaged plan has been the way of things around here for weeks, we have taken our food on the run-and not around the table.

However, last Sunday I cooked. I baked. It was not as healthy as I would have liked, but since my husband lost his 16 lbs, it was celebratory, and it was what he requested. I made a London Broil Roast with caramelized onions, red skinned mashed potatoes (made in the new Kitchen Aid), green bean casserole, and bread from the oven. Chocolate chip cookie muffins (own invention) were prepared beforehand (the first item ever made in my brand new Kitchen Aid).  Now this is not healthy eating. It is not how I plan to feed my family from here on out. This was a christening of the Kitchen Aid, and a "What would you like for me to make, since you lost 16lbs, meal?"  I will go to the grocery store this weekend and we will begin the transition to the new eating goals laid out yesterday. I firmly believe if it is not in the house (unhealthy food ingredients) then we will not eat it! (How could we?) :)

The following are the step by step photographs of the Kitchen Aid Christening and Celebratory Weight loss Meal. Inspired by the TWITTER #SundaySupper Feed. Enjoy your Sunday Supper!!


London Broil Roast

Onions and Roast on the Stovetop

Green Bean Casserole

Red Skinned Potatoes

#SundaySupper Mostly Finished- Just need to whip the potatoes

Brand New Kitchen Aid

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in Muffin Tins

Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

I've been looking for healthier ingredient replacements for chocolate chip cookies. Is that even possible?

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looks like a delicious celebatory meal! :) As for healthy chocolate chip cookies/muffins... you can substitute applesauce for part of the oil/butter, (lower fat), use organic chocolate chips, and less of them, can try different flours, etc...

    ReplyDelete