Twitter

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

From There to Here

"Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting golden delicious."
--Bill Meyer Baseball Manager

This blog has been in existence since sometime in August, 2011. At that point I had 12 wonderful chickens that I'd raised from baby peeps. We'd gathered eggs daily, and enjoyed the farm fresh abundance. We had no cockapoo pup, named CHANEL. I was 7 lbs heavier, and had only just begun to workout again--this after having a sit down at a desk experience for several years. I was cooking from scratch, but was not watching calories at all. Our finances were okay, but I wanted a bigger emergency fund.

Today, about 6 months later (going from memory so please forgive), Frugality, Food, Fitness and Fun has kept me moving forward with my goals.

Frugality:
  • Wanting less stuff to confuse my choices is a great goal. I have accomplished this to some degree. Eliminated coffee cups, closet clothes, and small appliances. I still have a way to go.
  • Emergency Fund was taken down by Christmas and Vacation in November. It needs attention.
Food:
  • We have been on a pre-packaged food plan since December. My husband reached his goal weight. I have lost 7lbs of the 20 lb goal--I have 6 weeks to lose 13lbs more.
  • We did not watch calories before, we just cooked from scratch, or not. We just ate. I would like to use the Ration Plan from the 1940's diet (or the Depression eating plan) that I have been reading about. It rations (portions) food, cooks from scratch, and is cost effective. The link is on the Abundance: Frugality, Food, Fitness and Fun FB Page. I will post it on the AbundanceFrugal.com web site as well.
Fitness:
  • This is where I think I have most improved. From a couch potato, to teaching 6 fitness classes a week--plus M-W-F morning workouts on the treadmill.
  • I at first used the Couch to 5K program: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • I then ran my first 5K on New Years Eve.
Fun:
  • Beginning the Blog was a lot of fun-meeting great people, learning new ideas, and supporting the Frugality, Food, Fitness and Fun principles.
  • Entering contests. There is always that excitement that one might win a trip, a gift card, or a book
  • Taking Staycations around our neighborhood doesn't cost much, or anything.
These are just some of the improvements that have taken place over the last 6 months of blogging. It is helpful to know where you were, where you are, and where you are going :)

How are you doing? What choices towards improvement have you made over the last 6 months?

No comments:

Post a Comment