Twitter

Thursday, September 29, 2011

October Restock


                                                                                                                                 Photo by Tammy Bennett

Restock for October.
During the last 2 days of the no spend month I’ve been thinking……how am I ever going to have enough for the next month of October if I don’t restock? Yesterday I went to the store and <gulp> restocked. I felt guilty spending $96. That hasn’t happened in almost a month! I was able to restock everything for that amount! We now have lots of fish, chicken, beef, pork, vegetables, bread, dairy, makings for dessert and snacks. So I shouldn’t feel too bad. The meat was extremely on sale! Had to purchase at those prices!
We are ready to go for another 4 weeks.  I’m upping the amount in the envelopes to $20 day. I’m wondering what the total looks like for the month with this plan.
·    20x 7= $140wk x 4 weeks=$ 560 month. Plus one $100 purchase to restock at the end.  So it comes out to like $660 a month.  That sounds like a lot….Should I take another look at what I’m doing?
What does that leave for the emergency fund?  If you have “it” should you spend “it”? NO! I don’t think so! We really love the feeling of freedom of spending way less than what we make! It’s the items that we were not expecting that seem to be keeping us from our emergency fund goal.
Onward! So I’m spending $140 a week for food, gas, and fun.  How do I bring that amount into the house? That is the question. If we were to offset the amount going out it would be all of the better. Maybe EBay and Gazelle?  Time to reduce the “STUFF” and make some extra….First items on the list are suits and designer purses!
We’re at least leaning towards an emergency fund increase of $1,000, with $500 deposited for the month of September. Going to try again for $1,000 in October!
Blessings as we approach the month of October….and the downsizing mission.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't feel guilty about restocking at all! $660 is NOT a big amount of money at all! I completely changed my budget in the matter of 24 hours because I need/want to buy some things this month, and by saving so aggressively, I won't have any $$ to buy anything except food, so I changed it. I'm still hoping to get some more $$ in my EF this month, but it won't be the same as last time. I think I'm going to make November my big savings month like September. We shall see! ;)

    ReplyDelete