Twitter

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Cards at the Laundromat~

We take a lot for granted. For instance, I have a brand new front load whirlpool washer. It works fantastic! Well most of the time.....it didn't hold up to its end of the bargain when we arrived home from vacation a few weeks ago. I washed as normal, and expected the washer to run its cycle and give me clean clothes. Not so. It turns out the entire liner of the washer was turned inside out! Ruined! Thank God for extended warranty! But....that doesn't change the fact that I have to go to the laundromat. I don't go to the laundromat, ever. #1 it Costs a Fortune! $20 just to wash! We drag everything home to dry it.

We have a laundromat that gives free coffee, free popcorn, and offers tanning lol. So, I go and watch television , eat popcorn, and drink $5 worth of coffee. One thing that always needs to be done this time of year is the Christmas Cards. I like to hand write something to each of the recipients. So the cards go with me to the laundromat. It is the silver lining. One more thing checked off of the holiday to do list.

Another plus from doing the laundry at the laundromat is that everything is washed at once! Folded and put away. We are good to go for 2 weeks! Being grateful, even when we are "put out" by inconviences, is immeasurable! It is just a blessing!~

We still have no washer and the Christmas season is upon us! My in-laws will be arriving, and their bed clothes need washed in the guest room. It looks like I will be stripping beds an hauling them to the local laundromat......but at least there is FREE Popcorn and Coffee ;)

Merry Christmas!  Keep smilin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment